بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Women's Section of the Central Media Office:
"Forced Cremation of Muslim Covid-19 Victims in Sri Lanka, How Should We Respond?"
In April this year 2020, the Sri Lankan government issued a regulation mandating that all those dying from Covid-19 or who were positive for the virus upon death had to be cremated, regardless of their religious beliefs, citing baseless public health concerns as their reason for implementing this policy. Since April, dozens of Muslims in Sri Lanka have been cremated.Understandably, there is much fear within the Muslim community in Sri Lanka today, who have faced violence, demonisation and discrimination within the society for many years. Now, they cannot even perform the final religious rites of their loved ones in peace. This discussion will address how Muslims should respond to the various forms of injustices and oppression that our Ummah in Sri Lanka are suffering.
- The Central Media Office of Hizb ut Tahrir / Women's Section: For How Long the Humiliation, O Muslim Ummah!
- Enough Tampering with the Country’s Destiny
- Tribal Fighting in Darfur in the Absence of the Welfare State - the Khilafah (Caliphate) upon the Method of Prophethood - leads and is still leading to allow the spillage of blood
- Pakistan and Turkey Together Constitute a Superpower Under the Khilafah (Caliphate) on the Method of Prophethood!
- Security Threats and Enduring Peace